Are you a Silverlight / WPF developer? Want to start developing for Windows 8 as well? If that’s the case, this upcoming SilverlightShow webinar is guaranteed to give you a jump start. The webinar will teach you how to use your Silverlight / WPF experience to build amazing Windows 8 apps by presenting the similarities between Silverlight / WPF and XAML based Metro apps. This will be done by looking at a working Metro app containing most of the things you were used to in Silverlight / WPF.
Also, as usual, SilverlightShow is giving away 6 eBooks:
Presenter: Gill Cleer
Webinar registration page: Metro and WinRT for the Silverlight/WPF Developer
More details about the webinar: SilverlightShow
- January 2, 2012
Silverlight Show, Webinar, ...
Just letting you know that there’s an upcoming webinar on the 4th of this month about Windows Azure and how we can benefit from it in Windows Phone. The webinar will be presented by Samidip Basu and has the following agenda:
- Introduction to Cloud Computing & Windows Azure
- Push Notifications for Windows Phone
- Push Notifications from Azure, including deep-linked secondary Live Tiles & Toasts for Windows Phone Mango
- Why consider OData while leveraging the cloud in cross-platform Mobile solutions
- Usage of SQL Azure & OData through Windows Phone
- Usage of Azure-hosted WCF Services for Windows Phone
- How to use Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone
Date and time: January 4th at 10 AM PDT (check your local time)
Registration link: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/386800777
By tweeting about this webinar using the tag #webinarsilverlightshow you get the chance to win the Windows Phone 7 Silverlight Cookbook and at the end of the webinar by giving a constructive feedback you can also get for free the OData & Cloud Augmentation of Windows Phone Applications ebook.
For more details about the webinar and the free ebooks feel free to visit SilverlightShow.NET